There are many reasons to learn Polish. Have you fallen in love with a Polish person? Do you have Polish roots? Do you need to communicate in Polish for business? Or maybe you want to learn it just for fun or to challenge yourself?
Whatever your reasons are, I can help you reach your goal: speaking Polish.
- I am a native Polish speaker with a MA in Polish Studies from the University of Slask in Katowice;
- I have many years of experience in teaching at a Central London language school as well as a Polish Saturday school in East Finchley;
- I use the latest technology to prepare engaging online lessons;
- I work with carefully-chosen comprehensive textbooks;
- I use games as icebreakers for beginners or for those moments when learners are low on energy;
- I find interesting articles, books and films which give us lots to talk about;
I’d already been learning Polish for a few years, and reached ‘intermediate’ level, when I started lessons with Anna. She is my third teacher, and definitely the best! She has helped me so much, especially with oral communication. Always patient and good-humoured (even when I forget something I learnt last week), she explains grammatical rules very clearly – and that’s important to me because I want to understand the structure of the language. She has great enthusiasm for Polish culture as well as language, and finds interesting texts to read or listen to.
What I like best is that Anna’s lessons are always carefully planned and structured, with the appropriate materials to meet my specific needs - we don’t just work through one chapter in a book and then move on to the next. If I have a problem, Anna will find new ways of explaining the point or new exercises for revision. Learning Polish is a challenge – I’d be lying if I said it was an easy language – and sometimes it feels like a slow or even rather frustrating journey. But thanks to Anna it’s hugely enjoyable and rewarding – she constantly provides the inspiration and encouragement I need to take the next steps.